August 5, 2014
Thank you for your ongoing partnership with Cars.com and the Miami Herald.
As you may have heard, Cars.com has announced that it will be purchased by the Gannett Company, which currently owns a 27% stake in Cars.com and has been a media partner with the Miami Herald and our parent company, The McClatchy Company, for many years.
We are excited to announce that we will remain your key contact for Cars.com and continue our relationship with this award-winning online destination for car shoppers. The Miami Herald is committed to providing you excellent service and support to drive your success locally, using all of our print, digital and direct marketing solutions.
With 16.5 million new vehicle sales forecast for 2014, it is important to stay in front of potential customers and ahead of the competition. More than 80% of the Cars.com audience is currently in the market for a vehicle. The Miami Herald and Cars.com will drive shoppers to your dealership.
Cars.com offers a way for you to:
- Boost your brand. Differentiate yourself from the competition through your dealer profile.
- Drive more in-market sales. Use optimized search results to showcase your business.
- Keep you ahead of the curve. Our monthly Market Intelligence Reports help you make more informed business decisions.
- Grow your service business. Cars.com has seen a sevenfold increase in traffic to its service-related content, giving your service department powerful online visibility.
- Capture mobile shoppers. Cars.com was named the top-rated third-party mobile site last year by a JD Powers study and is committed to improving upon that user experience to grow your business.
- Reach a larger audience. Nearly half of all vehicles sold in the United States during a nine-month window were to shoppers who had visited Cars.com.
As your partner, we are committed to making your business even more successful. We will be reaching out to you in the coming weeks to answer any questions you may have, share with you our latest products and services and ensure that we are exceeding your expectations.
We look forward to continuing our relationship with you and Cars.com.